Turn on the room’s display. You can use either the provided remote control, the built-in keypad controller on the wall, or the provided touchscreen device. If you are unsure of how to turn on the room’s display, please contact on-site staff.
Connect your laptop to the Convene Wi-Fi. The password to the Wi-Fi is shown on the placards inside the room or WorkSpace areas.
Open a web browser or the Solstice Client app. We recommend Google Chrome or Safari web browsers for most laptops.
Note: You can download the Solstice Client app here.
Take note of the Address of the Solstice. This is shown as a set of four numbers separated by periods at the bottom-left corner of the display.
Type the Address of the Solstice into the web browser or Solstice Client app and press Enter. For a web browser, enter the Address in the navigation bar at the top. For the Solstice Client app, enter the Address in the “Quick Connect” box.
Enter the displayed 4-digit passcode. The code will be shown in large letters.
Finally, select what you’d like to share. You can choose to share everything on your screen, or for extra privacy, you can select a specific window or file from your computer to share while hiding everything else.
Connecting your computer to the display via HDMI
HDMI cables and adapters can be found in two types of meeting rooms:
- Conference/Collective (seats 6-12 people)
- Huddle (seats up to 4 people)
Note: Mini DisplayPort and USB-C adapters are available in the room and additional adapters are available at the Welcome Desk.
Follow the steps below to share your screen: your computer to the room's display:
- Locate the HDMI cable and adapters. These can be found under the table in Conference/Collective meeting rooms or at the center of the table in Huddles.
- Identify the appropriate adapter for your computer and connect it to the HDMI cable.
- Connect the adapter with the HDMI cable to your computer. The room's display may take a moment to show what you're sharing on your screen.